Re: Paint Systems

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Paint Systems
From: jerry@tr2.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 08:21:57 +0000 (GMT)
Roger Garnett writes:

> > The accuspray is much lighter than other guns that I have seen like Banks
> > or Devilbiss.  A friend has a Fuji HVLP outfit, similar to Accuspray,
> > except that the gun is metal and after a while of painting, it gets too hot
> > to hold.  The HVLP turbines really put out the heat.  But that is not a
> > problem with the composite materials in the Accuspray.

*** There's a _turbine_ in there?!?  My question:  how easy are is it to
clean those things?  One of the nice things about a siphon gun, is that
there's really very little in it that the paint actually passes through.
As a rule, just shooting thinner through the gun, and then removing and
soaking the air horn and fluid nozzle, gives you a completely clean tool.
Even so, cleaning the equipment is one of the more onerous aspects of
painting.

                                        - Jerry

--
* Jerry Kaidor       jerry@tr2.com, jkaidor@synoptics.com     *
*                    KF6VB                                    *