TR4-Sudden Oil Pressure Drop

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4-Sudden Oil Pressure Drop
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 08:36:00 -0400
In the lbcd #980, Adrian places a bit of card across the
grille of his TR4 because the heater could only put out
lukewarm air. Says his car runs pretty cool. Mine, also.
The only time the temp gage goes to mid-scale, even, is
in traffic on the hottest day of the summer. Most of the
time, the needle barely moves off of the "C".

When I found the car, it had a leaky water pump. Upon re-
placing the pump, I found that some PO had pulled the
thermostat and left a baffle in its place. I installed
a Smiths 185 (very hard to find!) Now the car runs cool,
to say the least. Anyone have any ideas?

Alan