[WANTED] Spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [WANTED] Spitfire
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 93 14:19:38 EDT
Does anyone know where I might find a used Spitfire with a trashed drivetrain
and a decent body? (I can do mechanical work, but I'm so-so at bodywork)
(preferred cheap)

My current plan:
        I have a TR7 I am going to drop a 3.5l V8 into. When I pull the
4-banger,
        I would like to rebuild it, (and hop it up) and drop it into a Spitfire.
        I figure this would make a pretty potent "pocket-rocket" :)
        I have a spare 5-speed, as well as 2 blocks, 4 heads, 2 Weber DGVs,
        a set of TR7 headers, etc.

Does anyone know what a Spitfire weighs? I heard they shared their chassis with
the MG Midget (1350 lbs) but they seem drastically different to me.

Thanks,
Kevin