Dewar's pix on hoosier

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dewar's pix on hoosier
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 93 11:10:35 pdt
Yesterday while wondering around the building I spotted a Scan Jet.  As
a learning exercise I tried scanning the Dewar's Scotch ad I mentioned a
couple of days ago.  With some floundering around I managed to
accomplish this and to even get a gif format of it on my unix machine.  It
came out pretty good, I think.

Scanning in the entire ad generated a file over 1 meg in size so I
cropped it down to a more manageable 185k.  That meant lopping off the top
half of the picture including the Dewar's label, but the best part is
intact.

For the benefit of the 1% of you who do not subscribe to Scientific
American, I uploaded this file, called dewars.gif, to hoosier.  I also
uploaded another file called big_day.gif They are on the directory
/pub/sol/GIF.

Roland