Midget oil leaks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget oil leaks
From: anthony315@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 94 17:27:18 EST
>From Steven Kopec
>I have a 1500cc '77 Midget that is leaking oil(what else is new?).  The
>only problem is that it's a lot more than normal.  The leak is centered
>around the dipstick area in the sleeve that goes into the oilpan.

You might check to see if the oil is coming out the end of the tube, past the
the small gasket on the dipstick while the engine is idling. I had this
problem on my Spitfire 1500 and replaced the gasket and presto, no more oil
leaks.

> Does anyone have a recommendation on a book for the tuning of Weber
>carbs?  I also have one on this same Midget

What kind of Weber do you have on your MG Midget, as I have a Weber DGV on my
Spitfire and I might be able to help. About the only Weber book I can think
of is the one by Haynes which is supposed to be pretty good.

Anthony Bailey       '77 Triumph Spitfire 1500         MiddleBurg, Florida

Anthony315@aol.com
baileya@freenet.fsu.edu