Morris Minor on a Stick

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Morris Minor on a Stick
From: Glenna Hall <ghall@hebron.connected.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 13:16:31 -0800
It seems a lot of the people doing under chassis restoration on a
Morris Minor devise ways to tip the car rather than scurry around
beneath the car. This may not be peculiar to Minors, but perhaps
mostly Minors catch my attention because of my 10 yr plus
"restoration" effort on my Traveller.  The means employed range
from using commercial cradles that attach at the wheel studs to
simply tipping the body over on an old mattress.  The current
Minor Times describes and illustrated one owner's unique
approach.  He put it on a spit.

The Minor has its a battery box built into the center of the
firewall, in the center of which, for what reason I can't
imagine,  is a 5" hole. He reinforced this hole with plywood and
them constructed a plywood bulkhead between the back seat and the
boot, with a hole to match the one in the firewall.  Then he
inserted a big pipe through the holes, jacked up each end of the
pipe, and now has a rotisserie accessory for his garage.  I guess
it's the plumpness of the Minor shape that makes the culinary
analogy so obvious.   --Richard Hall