Re: Morris Minor on a Stick

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morris Minor on a Stick
From: tim.lamb@ml.csiro.au (Tim Lamb)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 14:02:24 +1100
ghall@hebron.connected.com> wrote

>The Minor has its a battery box built into the center of the
>firewall, in the center of which, for what reason I can't
>imagine,  is a 5" hole. He reinforced this hole with plywood and
>them constructed a plywood bulkhead between the back seat and the
>boot, with a hole to match the one in the firewall.  Then he
>inserted a big pipe through the holes, jacked up each end of the
>pipe, and now has a rotisserie accessory for his garage.

Guess what, these holes are there for a reason. The factory had a big
rotisserie that they poke right through the car so they can roll them over
to spray paint them (at least thats true of Minis and lots of other BMC
vehicles of that vintage). Minis have a sort of round hole with one square
corner in the firewall and another in the boot wall, take off the bonnet
and boot and you can see straight through.

Tim