Re: Morris Minor on a Stick

To: Glenna Hall <ghall@hebron.connected.com>
Subject: Re: Morris Minor on a Stick
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 16:37:39 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 2 Feb 1994, Glenna Hall wrote:

About holes in Morris Minors that let them be put on a spit.

> The Minor has its a battery box built into the center of the
> firewall, in the center of which, for what reason I can't
> imagine,  is a 5" hole. He reinforced this hole with plywood and
> them constructed a plywood bulkhead between the back seat and the
> boot, with a hole to match the one in the firewall.  Then he

I have read of a similar hole or holes in Triumph Mayflowers, in case
anyone here is resuscitating one.  The article suggested the holes were
used to mount the body on a spit during manufacture.  I have never thought
much of the mattress or old tire approach because of the potential for
damage and the high cost of the beer required to bribe people to help tip
the body over gently.

I want to renew my offer to supply plans for a simple, cheap rollover
frame for Sprites.  The general approach is probably easily adaptable to
other makes.  I finally got around to cleaning up the drawings and writing
notes.  It's not fine drafting, but I think it can be followed.  Available
if you send a SSAE to:

Dr. W. R. Gibbons
UVM Research
55A South Park Dr.