Hint of the week...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hint of the week...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 16:51:20 -0500 (EST)
Preamble:  Midst all the hints on top, carpet, and upholstery
installation, I thought I should pass along one I got from an unhappy
fellow Spridget restorer a couple of years ago.

Technical background:  The battery of Spridgets is pressed tightly against
the engine side of the firewall.  On the lower part of the cockpit side of
the battery box, there is upholstery, which was originally glued to the
metal.

And the Hint of the Week: If you are tempted to drill holes and use
self-tapping screws, rather than the original glue, to attach new
upholstery to the central part of the cockpit side of the firewall, don't.
Especially if the battery is installed.

Moral 1: It is good to learn from your mistakes, but better yet to learn
from other people's.

Moral 2: If 90% of the upholstery is screwed on, and 10% is glued on, you
might pause and wonder if there is a reason before you grab the drill.

Ray