Re: Beam me up, Scotty...

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze) (Marcus Tooze)
Subject: Re: Beam me up, Scotty...
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 13:50:15 PST
> The first time I heard bimmer/beemer whatever was here in the states.

The term bimmer seems to have started about the time BMWs became yuppie
cars.  I don't recall hearing it in the '60s.  As to it being an
American thing, could be, but I've always assumed its origin was from
the way BMW is pronounced in German.

Now let me see if I can make this relevant by injecting some LBC
content.  Well, something odd did occurred with the snake's electrical
system.  The ignition warning light now comes on when the switch is
turned on and the engine isn't running.  Guess the solid state voltage
regulator I bought has a "learn mode" because the light wouldn't come on
when I first installed it.

Hmm, guess that's more of a Ford thing than an LBC thing.  Ah wait, the
ignition warning light is Lucas.

Roland