Re: paint color choices

To: Jon Mason Gougar Jr <gougar@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Subject: Re: paint color choices
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 14:37:48 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 4 Feb 1994, Jon Mason Gougar Jr wrote:

>   I've been trying to decide on a color for my BGT, and I can't seem
> to make up my mind. The original color of my '73 was purple, I believe.
> I have never seen a purple MGBGT, so I don't know if this is a good
> color or not. I am interested in something a little different than
> what is usually out on the road, but I don't want anything too
> outlandish or stand-outish (remember those fluorescent red/orange

OK, now you all bear in mind that I painted my bugeye the color of Kermit
the Frog, and like it that way.  That said, here's my recommendation:

Every third Thursday, I get an almost overwhelming desire for a nice tidy
BGT, painted light grey, like one I saw at a show at the MG museum in
Westminster VT about 2 years ago.   I think it had navy or red upholstery;
I would have to go dig out the picture to be sure.  It's a correct
BGT color, and it looks very, very classy.

A good friend has a BGT that is turquoise, an original color for only one
year I have been told.  I don't like turquoise for towels or carpets or
stuff, but it would stand out.  However, the GT I may build up some day
will be grey.  Every so often I see something that looks exactly right,
and that B did.  (MA plates, if anyone knows the car.)

Purple?  I would draw the line there.  Not purple.

Ray Gibbons, who, evidence to the contrary, is not colo(u)r blind