whats the problem now???

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: whats the problem now???
From: paulg@snow.lut.ac.uk (paul gilders rs)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 09:40:44 GMT
Marcus Tooze writes:
 > I been letting the Midget warm up for at least 5 minutes on half choke
 > (it starts first crank, even this morning) before driving her. For the first
 > 10 mins shes always a little 'lumpy' in every gear...misfiring so it seems.

Yeah - this sounds familiar to my Midget behaviour! On the chilly
mornings it will start fine and tickover well for about 4 minutes.
Then it gets lumpy and I have to try and put the choke in a little,
but I can't get it to run smoothly from about 4-8 minutes. Once warm
then there's no problem and the car ticks over like a clock. My midget
is a '66 MkII (1098cc) one (different from Marcus's I think) and therefore
I'm kind of surprised to hear the same problems. Maybe it's just a
general thermostat problem, since it takes a long while to get up
to temperature. Any ideas and similar experiences?

Cheers,

        Paul.

PS. I put a few pickies on hoosier a while back if anyone is
interested - aren't those scanners cool!