Re: More paint - Vinyl Kote?

To: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Subject: Re: More paint - Vinyl Kote?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 17:17:20 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 8 Feb 1994, Jody Levine wrote:

> So how good is the vinyl paint that's around? The TR7's door panels are

I painted my Willys Jeepster's seats black with vinyl paint, and I recall
being very happy with the result.  That was 30 yrs ago, and I expect
paints have improved.  Some (perhaps all) GM cars of the late 70s came
with plastic dashes molded in colored plastic.  Replacement dashs (i.e.
for crash damage) were available only in black, and were sprayed with
vinyl paint to approximate the original color.  I was warned that this
could scratch off, letting the black show through.  It would probably be
safest to refinish the door panels with the original color.

Ray Gibbons