Re: Wade, yellow & Deja-Vu

To: RTIK207@orange.cc.utexas.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wade, yellow & Deja-Vu
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 09:30:06 -0800
In message <01H8P5J4NLV6HSLF8B@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>  writes:
> Oh yes......
> The painted shell and those BOXES>>>>>>
>
> three years ago after placing my '71 cream beige (bedouin) MGB in boxes
> and finishing the painted shell syndrome, that was six months after bringing
> it home...
>
> I now have a beautiful finished show car.....but....the painted shell,
> not to be discouraging was the beginning...or should I say, the 100 hour
> point in an 800 hour project......
>
> ALAS.....
>
> It's not shipwrights ,,,, but the thought of putting that old turn signal
> light back on, oh but yea I'd better polish the chrome, and get the
> toothbrush on that plastic lens.....oh theres a crack...hmm, well an
> hour or two running around town, good found a clean correct lucas lens...
> ok, so oh yea clean the wires and contacts, and then well the headlight
> buckets, gee better strip and paint those....shucks the rubber backing
> should be replaced...place an order tonight...yea.....
>
> THE YEARS PASS BY.......but
> it actually does end...and very rewarding...and now about those credit
> cards, and that last, last, last....little $100 order.....
>
> well, sleep calls....sorry all, just couldn't help joining in...
> Jim Fink

Jim, what you said about trying to reassemble the car is soooo true in my case.
Its amazing all the time and work it takes to put a little used assembly back
on.  That and how a part that looke pretty good on the old beastie suddenly
looks way to shabby to put back on a body that has had all that work done on it
and fresh paint.

In my case I just had the interior of the car painted.  All the wings,
doors,lids and front valence is off the car.  This allows me easy access to
installing interior peices, and I don't have to be overly concerned about
scratching the outside while I'm trying to fit something into the car.

Once most of the interior is in, the engine & drive train is installed and
running, the hydrolics in and operationg, the wiring harness hooked up to
internal parts and the fuel system is in, then I'll worry about assembling the
other body parts and painting the outside of the car.

Once the car is painted on the outside, then the trim peices, lights, bumpers,
windscreen and such go on.

Eventually....

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561