Re: Wade, yellow & Deja-Vu

To: sfisher@Megatest.COM, sfisher@Megatest.COM, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wade, yellow & Deja-Vu
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 17:09:28 -0800
In message <9402101804.AA03785@bldg2fs1.sales> Scott Fisher writes:

> > > It's not shipwrights ,,,,
>
> Yeah, right, and it's not denial either. :-)
>

> I had exactly the opposite problem this last fall as I reassembled the
> M.G. with the new motor in it.  I used new hardware to replace most of
> the 5/16-24 nuts and bolts that I'd removed.  I had accidentally picked
> up a box of Grade 8 nuts.  Somehow, the sight of these beautiful
> golden nuts being installed on a grimy, dusty, scuffed up radiator
> surround just didn't look *right*.
>
> However, I had a conscience looking over my shoulder.  "If you paint the
> surround, the car won't run for another month," Chris said.  "You can take
> it all apart and paint it later.  You *need* to have this car running."
>
> Chris, of course, was exactly right.  Kim agreed with him.  "For you,
> the M.G. -- unlike any other car you've ever owned -- is like an hourglass.
> When you drive it, the top part gets filled up with sand, and when it's
> down, the sand trickles out.  As your wife, let me say that you become
> very difficult to live with when the sand gets really low.  So please
> fix the car."
>
> So now I've got a shiny new motor and a bunch of shiny new bolts and
> some gleaming cadmium-plated Grade 8 nuts in a well-used, partially
> repainted engine bay on a shabby old M.G.
>
> But what a noise it makes...
>
> As I've always said, the best way to approach maintaining a British
> car is to fix the biggest annoyance first.
>
> --Scott "And in my family, there's no question who that is" Fisher

So Scott, to my mind the obvious answer is to get a second MGB to drive while
you restore the first then visa versa.

You just don't understand.. ITS GOTTA BE RIGHT. And its so much easier to do it
when the adjacent part is already off.  OHMYGOD! Is that someone with a straight
jacking coming?

AGHH!

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561