Re: Speedo Angle drive

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo Angle drive
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 07:48:53 PST
        Has anybody had any
        success getting a busted one rebuilt?

Yes, but it only busted in that the cable part twisted out. I've never
had a bearing/gear failure.

Contact

Name:        Palo Alto Speedometer
Address:     718 Emerson
             Palo Alto, CA 94301
Phone:       (415) 323-0243

Somewhere in the archives, I remember a discussion of alternate sources
for these things. Taxi meters use them by the handful, for starters.

Maybe you should be looking into the source of the angle drive death.
It certainly wasn't designed to last such a short amount of time - do
you have an aftermarket exhaust that's too close? Maybe some insulation
over the drive area would solve your problem.