Healey Glass (and Scarborogh Faire in a way)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Glass (and Scarborogh Faire in a way)
From: jsbradl@erenj.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 09:49:47 -0500
The howling has died away concerning my (now scratched)idea of flogging the
Big in Europe.  As I said, she's back in my freezing garage, all gleaming
and covered up and I can't bear to think of a parting.  Thanks from me to
several supporters of responsible owner's rights, and to several
correspondents for good info re foreign prices and import duties etc.  But
imagine my amazement on reading unrelated correspondence that repainting a
Britgem in any but the original scheme is considered acceptable by this
august body. Seems like responsible ownership begins with other people's
cars....

 I had a geniune enquiry if you recall, re windscreen glass.  There's a
little BB hole in the current occupant which rather spoils the effect.
Thanks to George for putting me in touch with Maine-ly Classics the kit car
manufacturers.  I called them, but they only handle flat glass, not the BJ8
item.  They actually suggested Scarborough Faire, and I was on the brink of
ordering from them ($150 !! in my 1990 price list, if you can believe that)
when I started reading the stream of vitriolic denunciations of SF's
business practices from the BCD membership. (I hadn't realised that BCD
membership shielded one from the libel laws - what an enlightened country
this is).   A lucky escape, and thanks to you all.  I haven't yet received
my new Moss Motors catalog, and so in the meantime if anyone can suggest a
source I would be most grateful.  John Bradley

John Bradley
Corporate Research
Exxon Research & Engineering
Rt. 22E  Annandale NJ 08801