My Midget won't start &-(

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: My Midget won't start &-(
From: D.Freer@axion.bt.co.uk
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 17:25:53 +0000
I've got starting problems with my 1275 1974 Midget.

In very cold weather the engine only turns over
slowly and doesn't fire up. I also get a curious high frequency squeeling noise.

I've had the following checked out:

Battery
Voltage regulator
condensor (replaced)
anti-freeze
fuel pump (replaced)
starter motor (replaced)
alternator

In warmer weather it starts up no problem, although I don't think that it turns
the engine over as fast during starting as it used to.

It has been suggested that I have the wrong oil type which becomes very viscous
when cold.

I don't know whats wrong, but having spent 130 pounds so far, the only thing
I'm sure about is that I'm not going back to THAT garage again!

Can anyone help?

David Freer. &-(