TR3A Sidecurtains

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Sidecurtains
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 94 03:49:29 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(TR3A Sidecurtains) File(FEB19943.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 02-19-1994 .. 03:31:57

>Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 16:12:47 -0500 (EST)
>From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
>Subject: TR3A Sidecurtains
>
>Boy I'm on the screen a lot today. I really should be doing my job!
>However, in Roland's way of thinking I have my priorities straight.
>
>Can those of you with TR3As that include sidecurtains tell me where the
>thin non-movable window goes. Does it get trapped on the outside edge of
>the fuzzy channel between the lip off the frame?  I've got a frame with
>the vynil in place but no windows.
>
>TRF has sent me both windows and the fuzzy channel, a stiffening strip and
>a rubber seal.  I gather from a scrap in the edge of the  screen that the
>thin window is sewen into the fabric at one leading edge.
>
>I know that this will be difficult to explain in words. I may be able to
>locate a set through the club, to look at - but during the winter it's
>hard to do.
>
>Thanks in advance !

Chris: On my two sets of sidecurtains BOTH of the glasses are moveable, but the
one that is closest to the front of the car is on the inside. This seems wrong t
me though. It seems to make more sense for it to be the other way around. If you
are tooling down the road in the rain wouldn't it make more sense for the front
class to be on the outside so that wind and rain couln't get blown in between th
two glasses?

As I said before my side curtains are in real sad shape. I don't use them since
don't have a good top, and I wouldn't want to drive in the rain without my
swiming trunks anyway! ;-)

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-2666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !