Workshop/Garage Lighting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Workshop/Garage Lighting
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 8:58:35 -0600 (CST)
This has LBC content only because the subject is illuminating my LBC.

This week the "Furrow" stores have workshop lighting on sale, at least here
in my area.  The stores have other names in other parts of the U.S.---
"Payless Cashways", "Lumberjack", and one other I can't recall, but I don't
know if the sale if nationwide.  I picked up 4-ft hanging fluorescent
fixtures (each holds two tubes) for $7.77 each, and the "workshop" 40-watt
tubes for $0.88 each (higher light output/shorter life than normal 40-watt
tubes).  Wow, I can really *see* now! Yeah, the fixtures are cheapies, and
they hum a little, but for my garage they're fine.  I've always wanted real
light in my garage and I got my chance to really light it up for under $50.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726