Midget Carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Carbs
From: Ken Neff <kneff@tivoli.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 9:53:24 CST
I was rebuilding the carbs (HS2's) on my 1973 MG Midget this weekend, and I
discovered that one carb is set up as a 1973 non-USA car (AAC needle with
spring) and one carb is set up as a 1972 (AN needle sans spring).  This is
complicated by the fact that the pistons differ for spring vs. non-spring
needles, so I can't easily rectify the problem.

It seems I have two choices.  I can go with AN needles and set the car up as
a 1972 car, or I can go with ABC (or AAC) needles, and set the car up as a
1973 car.  If the latter, then should I stick with the original ABC needles,
or should I go with the AAC (non-USA) needles, since I no longer have an air
pump (and so presumably have a non-USA-spec engine)?  Either way, I'll have
to trade one of my pistons for another of the appropriate type.

I haven't yet run the car, so I'm flying blind.  I don't know what differences
there were between 1972 and 1973 Midgets, so I don't know which choice to make.
Help!

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                        Ken

--
1990 Corrado                 If it can't kill ya'          Ken Neff
1988 Hawk GT (racebike)        it ain't a sport            Tivoli Systems, Inc.