Rover 3500/Triumph parts swapping... [HELP]

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 3500/Triumph parts swapping... [HELP]
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 12:48:34 EST
   I have read/heard from a few different sources that Rover 3500 (SD1) parts
can be used on a TR7/8 for better brakes, and a wider track. (and bigger rims)

What I am wondering is:

        what parts interchange?
                Would I use the SD1 struts/springs, or the TR7's?
                Are the axle shafts the same length? Could I swap them?
                If not, is the extended nose on the SD1's diff. removable?

        What modifications need to be made?
                Will I need to weld the TR7 strut tube to the SD1 spindle?
                Will I need custom springs?
                Will I need to do welding on the axle or frame?

        Where can I find out more?
                The places I read/heard these tidbits had no more information
                than what I've listed.
                One person recommended writing a british car magazine, but it
                  may take many months for them to respond with an article.

Thanks!
Kevin Burtch

P.S. I am asking this because I have located a 3500 parts-car that I can
     actually afford, and I would really like to uprate my brakes and
     suspension.