Outriggers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Outriggers
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:27:54 -0500 (EST)
Yes, you can replace them, but when I hear of damage that severe I do
worry about the rest of the chassis, where you can't see it between the
floor and the chassis, or bodged up repairs to the sills.

The massive sills on the Healey are very key and replacing them PROPERLY
is a strip down job. I did it on my 3000 and it was not evident when I
bought the car that this was ahead for me!

Look carefully, and maybe have a big screwdriver under there with you.

Chris (wasn't it Joni Mitchell who sang that taxi song) Ball