A Voice from the Past!

To: British Cars <British_Cars@orion.hq.synetics.com>
Subject: A Voice from the Past!
From: Dale Cook/Training/WGC/Wakefield/Synetics/US
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 18:33:36 EDT
Hello again!

I've finally gotten a stable email address (cook@synetics.com) and have asked
Mark to rejoin me with the list.  (Note for newcomers: I started this craziness
many years ago while at Alliant computer, R.I.P.)

That's the good news.  The bad is that we (that's Terry, the missus, and I)
will probably have to sell our beloved MGB.  Terry has been driving it as her
primary vehicle (while my Jetta does the 100 mile RT commute) and she is now
suffering from hip pain.  It's time for the autotrans and power steering, I
fear.

So here's the deal.  Grandfather (the aforementioned faithful B) has just over
30,000 original miles on the clock.  That's right, he spent a lot of his time
since 1973 in storage (previous owner, not us!)  So the motor runs like new (it
is), the paint (Teal Blue) has got a few road dings (but it's original) and we
still have all tops/hoods (toneau, convertible, hard and sporting) + the shop
manual.

So what is such a treasure worth?  The plan is probably to put up a For Sale
sign at the big Brit Car Day in Brookline.  But loyal members of this body
should have first crack.  Locals can arrange a test drive, others can get
pictures or whatever.  I'm really concerned that this car, which I've lovingly
cared for for all these years, find a good home!  Only MG lovers need apply!