TR6 Center Dash Support Update

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Center Dash Support Update
From: DON BATSFORD <BATSFORD@BBN.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 09:37:24 EDT
A few days back I posted a request for info. on recovering the padded
vinyl dash support in a TR6 - thanks to all that responded.  There was
enough interest in the subject so, I promised to respond to the list.
Bad news sports fans - If the vinyl is really bad new vinyl has to be
vacuum molded onto the casting.  This means custom dies and a lot of
money! So, if you want fresh new vinyl the only place I have seen this
unit available is from Moss at around $289, ouch!  I have 2 of these
units and the one that is down to bare casting I will sand and paint
black and see what it looks like - should I use epoxy paint for the most
durable coating?  The other unit (which was hacked by the DPO to fit
some after market radio which did not come with the car) is being
painted with vinyl paint and having the vinyl reglued down by the feet
where it has come loose.  I'll let you know how it looks.

Don "Duffer" Batsford

Batsford@bbn.com