Oil Pressure Questions

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Questions
From: Gary_L._Falcon@learnlink.emory.edu
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 13:48:42 EST
I have a '76 MGB which, after 2 years of work, is now running (Hurrah!).
When it starts, however, it takes 2-4 seconds before the oil pressure comes
up.  Mind you, these are 2-4 very long seconds (the engine makes a nasty
grinding noise until pressure is up).

My questsions:
1.  Is this normal?
2.  Is this common?  Has anybody else experienced this, and if so, how can
it be fixed?
3.  Is there a particular brand and/or weight of oil that might help?  A
specific type of filter?
4.  (Please don't take away my British-cars privliges and send me to
Rec.auto for posting this question...)  Might Slick50 make any difference?
(I'm almost too embarrased to ask...)

Thanks!
-Gary

/========/   LearnLink: Expanding Educational Horizons
 !! !! !!    Internet/Telnet: bbs.learnlink.emory.edu
 !! !! !!    For information, mail Info@learnlink.emory.edu
/========/   "Minds are like parachutes, they must be open to function."