RE:Wonderful Car & Wives ....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Wonderful Car & Wives ....
From: daved@syncrude.com
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 10:51:15 -0400
  [LOTS OF STUFF FUN DELETED]
>As a completely off-the-wall question, did they ever make an 1800
>with a B20, and if so, why didn't they call it a 2000? :-)

Yes they did.  I think Volvo started using the B20 in '69.  I guess thst since

the 1800 was established they saw no resaon to change names.  A little more

1800 trivia, there were three models: 1800S, 1800E, & 1800ES.

The S and E were coupes, with the E being Bosch mechanical Fuel Injection.

The ES was the wagon.  Total production, from 62-73, was about 45,000 cars and

most of them were exported out of Sweden.

I have both an 1800S and a '57 MGA, with the Vo getting most attention these

days.

!
! Dave Dmytriw      Syncrude Canada. Ltd.
! 403.790.7707        FAX: 403.790.7703
! daved@syncrude.com
!
! " It is unworthy of exellent men to lose
! hours like slaves in the labor of calculation"