Re: Wooden Wheels and Jag Cousins

To: british-cars-request@triumph.cs.utah.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wooden Wheels and Jag Cousins
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 23 May 94 12:44:00 GMT
Bob,
I designed and built wooding tennis racquet about 5 years
ago.  ( I like spoke wheels, white tennis clothes, wicker
picnic baskets, ink pens, ascots, and wooden tennis racquets!)
Anyway I used a urea formaldyhyde glue made by Elmers Glue.
It comes as a tan fine powder and you add water and mix to
the right consistancy.  It was easy to mix and use.  It held
the bottom section which at 60lb stringing tension had about
600 lbs on it.  It never broke even though I really smashed
some overheads.  The cabinet makers use this stuff.  'Hope
it works for you.
Don Mathis