Re: MGB piston replacement options

To: phile@stpaul.gov, sfisher@megatest.com, Scott@apple.com, Fisher@apple.com,
Subject: Re: MGB piston replacement options
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 10:15:47 -0700
In message <m0q3mHv-0001y1C@pwcs.stpaul.gov> Philip J Ethier writes:
> Don't use jackstands.  Get four good drive-up ramps.  Floor-jack up each
> end of the car in turn and put the ramps under the tires.  You can pound
> little wedges behind each tire if you are truly paranoid.  This setup is
> un-knock-down-able, no matter how hard you wrench, and gives you more room
> to move around under the car.  Obviously, if you are not on concrete, put
> plywood slabs under the ramps.
>
> Whether changing pistons in an MGB is a good idea, I could not say.

My TR3 was on a set during the Oct '89 7.1 quake that was epicented about a mile
from my house.  The house took lots of damage, the fire place litterly exploded,
but the TR stayed up on its stands.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561