Re: Oil pump priming MGB/Midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pump priming MGB/Midget
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 20:05:52 EDT
I am not sure about MGB's but on Midget 1275's, the oil pump should be
"primed" by taking out the banjo fitting that connects the oil filter to the
block.  this hole shuld then be filled with oil. Replace the banjo and then
 the oil filter should also be filled with oil before fitting. Then take off
the connection to the oil pressure gauge and spin the engine with the starter
motor with plugs removed.  after a while, oil will flow out the oil  pressure
fitting hole....on newly rebuilt engines i have had to fill that banjo hole a
few times before the pump picked up oil from the sump.

I've had my 1275 out of my TA so many times lately that I think I may be an
expert on priming the oil pump!  As Scott sez, the air tools really make the
job of removal and replacement easier.

 TA "they only leak out the rear" Terry