re: freeze plugs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: freeze plugs
From: William Jaquith <jake@ux6.lbl.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 17:32:00 -0700
As someone suggested freeze plugs can also be hammered on one edge to
twist in the hole and then pulled out. However the freeze plugs can
also hammered into the block without a problem. They really do not
interfer with anything. You used to be able to buy a rubber style
plug that had a bolt that tightened to fill the hole. While this may
not be the first choice, if the space is tight and the other choice
is to pull the engine it should be acceptable.
Jake