Slick 50

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL as always)
Subject: Slick 50
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 12:36:28 -0400
Chris Ball uttered:
>Anyway, to get to SLICK 50 I dont' know enough to really decide but I
>have heard very convincing theories from both camps and know of several
>very valuable engines which are running with it.

I don't want to encourage this debate, but I have the Rider magazine article
(I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been posted here several times) that
attempts to debunk the hype surrounding all types of oil additives, and the
PTFE ones in particular. The conclusion was wholly unfavourable. I'll send it
to anyone interested.

>I view all these additives with a deep scorn at first but RED LINE WATER
>WETTER has won me over

Isn't this a water pump lubricant used in when you're not running regular EG
coolant, such as on racetracks? This is a different animal from the miracle
additives.

Jody

jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '79 TR7 that just bruns its oil away....