Re: THE FEEL

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: THE FEEL
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 19:01:10 EDT
It was written...
> ignition key broke
> in the slot.
> ... vice grips and twisted it !!! It broke.
>
> SURPRISE !!!

Your mileage may vary.  Years ago my VW stranded me with an
ignition lock which wouldn't turn (yes I had the right key!).
I called a locksmith.  After much poking in the keyslot with
various pick type instruments, he gave up and said "we can
have it towed, or try forcing it".  What the heck, force it!
He grabbed with a big pair of pliars and turned.  It made a
nasty breaking sound, then moved to on and then to start.  Thereafter
(until I got a replacement switch at the junkyard) it made this
awfull crunching sound everytime I turned the key -- but worked!

Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com