Re: Zen and the AMM

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL as always)
Subject: Re: Zen and the AMM
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 10:37:00 -0400
(attribution deleted in error):

Chris Ball wrote:
> Yes, that's right in the first few pages I've read to date ! I caught
>that too and thought "Well, I can be IN the scene and contemplate even
>MORE in the TR3 because I don't have to keep my balance(physically) all the
>time"

I guess you don't ride a motorcycle, as I think that Pirsig nailed that one
exactly. The real reason why touring in cars has even the remotest
possibility of being more spiritual than motorbike touring is that you're
not distracted by how much your butt hurts!

About thunderstorms, heavy rain is great fun on a bike - like splashing
through puddles. In the TR I just sit in a puddle, which is not nearly as
charming.

Jody

jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '92 TDM850,good rainsuit; '79 TR7,leaky top