Re: UPS and the UK

To: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UPS and the UK
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 94 16:17:16 CST
>When I got my GT6 gearbox from Kipping's in Coventry, it arrived
>on my doorstep in 6 days, and I was billed by mail for the customs.
>That was UPS.  True, the package looked like it had been run over
>by one of those big brown vans...
>
>Dan Parslow
>djp@alpha.sunquest.com
>'79 Spit
>'65 Vitesse (Which I'll be driving this weekend!!)

I received my gearbox from Kipping 12 days and package was in pretty good
shape. I wish Kipping would learn how to pack a box, though! I even asked them
specifically pack it extra tight (at Dan's suggestion) but it still was rolling
around in the box by the time it got to me. No damage, though.

What's this about customs? All I've received in the mail so far is a statement
from Kipping, which was already paid via VISA. At the top it says "Thank you
for your custom." What does that mean?

When will I receive a bill from UPS for customs?

Larry