Re: UPS and the UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UPS and the UK
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 14:33:09 -0700 (MST)
LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com writes:

> At the top it says "Thank you for your custom." What does that mean?

In this case, "custom" means "business", or "patronage".

> When will I receive a bill from UPS for customs?

Dunno.  In my case it was about a week.  It'll be around six bucks.
Sorry to hear about your gearbox removal problems.  I guess everything
is a tighter fit on the GT6 than on the Vitesse.   (It would have to
be.)  There was plenty of room to raise the gearbox to clear the
propshaft tunnel on removal.  Glad to hear you're rolling again, though!

On another subject, I've done some damage to the bonnet of my Spit.
It'll cost over $800 to repair.  On the other hand there's this
great MkIII GT6 for sale here for $1500.  I'm tempted to buy it,
pull the body off, drop the Spit body on and substitute the '6's
own bonnet.  Voila, a Spitfire 2000!   But I can't bring myself
to reduce a good car to parts.  I've foamed at the mouth when
other people do things like that...

- Dan