GT6 (almost) back on the road!!!!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 (almost) back on the road!!!!
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 10:34:56 PST
Text item: Text_1

After a couple of months I finally got back on the GT6.  I replaced the
fuel pump and filter, adjusted the timing and set up the carbs using
Scott F's tuning guide.  Although it's for SUs, it also works pretty
well on the Z-Ss.  I was able to get a decent idle with the colortune
showing blue.  I drove the car down and up our private road.  It's great
driving it after all that time.  I still need to get it by the smog
nazis, register it, do the front brakes and clean up the interior, but
I'm hoping I'll be driving it by next week.  I want to make sure it
passes smog, so I'm gonna give it a dose of ethanol before I take it to
the local garage.  Where can I buy ethanol in the South Bay??  Isn't
denatured alcohol undrinkable ethanol?  I can buy that at the hardware
store.  I only need about a gallon.

Mike