Dual SUs on Spitfire Mk.III

To: b-c
Subject: Dual SUs on Spitfire Mk.III
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 12:50:49 -0500
My 1970 Spitfire Mk.III has a single Z-S CD150 on it. In my pile of parts
I have a couple of dual intake manifolds and some spare SUs from Mk. II
Spitfires. Does anyone see any advantage/disadvantage/problems/reason to
use the dual SUs on the Mk.II Spit? Waste of time?

Thanks,

Larry

PS - I now know that reading irrelevant threads on this list is worth it.
I remember wading through all the ballast resister messages a few months
back, thinking it was a waste of bandwith. Last weekend I went out to start
my 1980 Dodge Pickup, with the slant-6, and it would start right up, but
the minute I released the key and the turned off the start, the truck would
die. Sound familiar? I didn't even pop the hood - went to the parts store,
got a new ballast resister, and had it running in 5 minutes! Without the
discussion on this list, I wouldn't have had any idea what was wrong.

Thanks!

Above, I meant using dual SUs on a Mk.III Spit - sorry.
                                      ^^^

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com