Steering Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Wheels
From: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com (Douglas Mitchell)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 13:46:59 EDT
Does anyone know of a place that reconditions steering wheels?
My Spit`s wheel (foam) is badly cracked, and resists any attempt
that I have made to repair it. Super glue does not hold, didn't
think it would. Someone gave me a GT6 wheel but it is a different
diameter and has black spokes instead of the aluminum, but the hub
is the same. The wheel just looks like crap.

I've thought about buying an after market wood wheel, but I have
a feeling that they are very expensive, and I really like the feel
of the original padded wheel.

Suggestions?

Doug Mitchell - '73 Spitfire 1500 by model 1300 by engine.