Re: Aluminum polish

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum polish
From: garyb@venus.iotek.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 14:35:30 -0400
Jerry Kaidor wrote:

>Curt Onstott wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering what is a recommended aluminum polish.  Specifically, I
>> am interested in polishing the exterior of my SU's (Is this a reccomended
>> practice?) I also want to polish the valve cover of my H*nda Accord.
>
>*** If you start by wet-sanding with 1200-grit sandpaper, and follow up
>with Mother's Aluminum Polish, you will attain a high sheen.  If you
>finish up with Simichrome polish, it'll be like a mirror.
>
>                          BUT
>
>  The polished surface will shortly fade and tarnish, and they'll look just
>  like they did.  If you want them to stay shiny, have'em chrome plated.

I don't know if it's any good yet but I bought a can of clear heat
    resistant coating from Eastwood, for when I polish my SU's.  It is
    supposed to keep aluminum/brass etc. from tarnishing and
    supposedly will work on aluminum heads, valve covers etc. so I
    bought a can of it.  I let you folks know how it works.

Has anyone else used this stuff?  How well does it work?

                                Gary Burrell

Gary R. Burrell P.Eng, Iotek Inc,|*| E-Mail: garyb@iotek.ns.ca  |*|
1000 Windmill Rd. Suite 60.,     |*| Fax:    (1)(902)468-2278   |*|
Dartmouth, N.S., B3H 2P8, Canada |*| Phone:  (1)(902)481-3508   |*|

Damm it Jim,
  I'm a Doctor not a Computer!