Re: Leaky Stromberg fix?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaky Stromberg fix?
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 94 15:17:41 EDT
>>The adjusting screw and seal are held in by a star type retaining clip,
>>that you can see by looking in from the top.  I've never removed the
>>adjuster before, but it looks like you can push the whole thing out from
>>the bottom.  I think there was a thread on this a couple of months ago,
>>maybe someone who's done it can advise better.

You can push the adjuster and seal out from the bottom using a
 hammer and a suitable drift, preferably brass.  I do not recall what
 type of car or size carb we are talking about, but the adjusting
 screw, seal, and star clip for the ZS-175 (MGB) are available from
VB and Moss at reasonable prices.  Considering that you risk
botching up the threads by when removing the screw, having a new
one on hand is cheapinsurance.

Also, the star clip will score the inside of the guide rod if you tap it
all of the way out with a hammer and drift.  I would suggest reaching
in with some sort of probe (I used a dentist's pick) to flip it sideways
once you have tapped the clip loose from the bottom of the bore in
the guide rod.

Good luck,
Peter Schauss
1980 MGB (now converted to dual HS4s)