Re: Another disease diagnosed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Another disease diagnosed
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 16:52:46 +0800
~ I've got it.  I don't know what to call it.  I suspect that people who have
~ shipwright's disease are more susecptable to it.

Yup; shipwright's disease lowers your resistance, and the next thing
you know, you've got this disease.

I humbly suggest that it be named Wakeman's Syndrome in honor of the
self-sacrificing pioneer who first documented it, soldiering on
valiantly in spite of having succumbed to the ravages of the dread
disease itself...

~ Symptoms:
~ So the part ether gets replaced, or cleaned
~ up to look like new.  This is the first stage of the disease.
~ Some people never get beyond the first stage.

~ The next stage is when you are cleaning something up, like a chrome grill
~ with aluminum bars, you think that it would look a little nicer if the
~ bars were as shiney as the chrome rim, and out comes the polishing equipment.

Oh noooooo!  This is worse than reading through Merck's and feeling
all the symptoms you read about (which is a *real* bear for guys who
get to the ob-gyn section -- it's very confusing to feel pains in parts
you don't even HAVE...)

~ When you are putting on a row of bolts that do
~ not need to be torqued to a tight spec, its real easy to line up the flats...

Urk.  I've done this with screw heads.  Hell, I did this with the
screw heads on Kim's Christmas present, her Radio Flyer wagon.

~ And I was putting clear acrilic over the
~ inner headlamp rims that I just had refinished (part that goes inside the
~ headlamp bucket tha holds the headlamp and that you adjust when adjust the
~ headlamps.. You can't even see it when the car is asembled!}

In Kim's words, "Well, maybe you couldn't see it, but YOU WOULD KNOW."
Hmmmm... this disease is obviously contagious.  I'm *really* scared...

~ May I sucessfully resist future urges to purchase a fixer upper!
~ Will I be able to take the TR to a meet and not get embarised when I pop the
~ bonnet?

Just hand out sunglasses so stray beams off the heater valve don't
blind the judges...