Re: crumpets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: crumpets
From: Mike Causer <mike@setanta.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 11:02:58 BST
Felix Klauser suggested:

   I remember reading Henry Manney's quote and wondered what on earth he
   meant by the E-Type being the world's greatest crumpet collector.  Now
   that I've lived in the UK for a bit I suspect that the crumpets he was
   refering to have nothing to do with bread.

Oh they do, they do!  They take all the bread you've got.

;-)

Mike

ps  favourite Manney story is him crossing the Italian/Swiss border in
his Ferrari GTO and letting the wide-eyed Italian soldiers, who were really
just poor kids, sit in the car.