GT6/Spit brakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6/Spit brakes
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 13:36:54 CDT
Hey all,

I was talking to the local triumph expert (Pelham) yesterday, but there are a
fe things I still need to get straight in my mind.

1) I have a 68 MkI GT6. The rear track on the 75 Spit is wider. Therefore,
I can't just swap over the whole rear end (the axles on the GT6 are shorter).
Am I correct in thinking that the GT6 brake assembly (drums etc) won't just
attach to the spit axles? Therefore I need to take the plates of the GT6
axles and put 'em on the spit axles?

2) Can I just leave the spit rear brakes on there? The drums are only 1in less
in diameter I beleive. I am swapping the front bits over because thats more
straight forward.

3) Will the spitfire brake master cylinder be enough to power the GT6 front
brakes? Should I fit a compensator?(allows you to direst more of the braking
pressure to the front or rear). Note: I don't have a GT6 master cylinder on the
parts car.

Marcus

P.S. For some reason the GT6 has one knock off wire wheel ( the other four
are bolt on). Anybody need it? The bolt ons are already taken I'm afraid.
First I need to find somebody with a hex knock-off wrench!!