Just a comment from a lurker

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Just a comment from a lurker
From: "beth stearns" <bstearns@meudon.asd.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 15:12:39 -0700
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this list for about 3-4 months now.  I actually joined the
list to try and find a buyer for my 77 Spitfire.  However, after reading about
everyone's trials and tribulations with their various British cars, I'm growing
more and more appreciative of my (relatively) maintenance-free little car.  So
I think we're going to put the top down on it, enjoy it, and forget about
selling it!

I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed everyone's contributions, though
admittedly some of the more technical discussions are a bit beyond me.  We only
do the "easy" maintenance on our cars--like changing the oil and spark
plugs--tho the Spit has engaged my husband in a few more adventurous
activities.  For the big stuff, tho, we send Trevor off to a local shop who
specializes in British cars.  I've learned from working on my bicycles that
there's a lot of knowledge and experience that goes into doing a good job
maintaining one's vehicles.  So we stick to the more accessible (and easier)
bicycle jobs and leave the cars to the pros.  But I am impressed with the
knowledge and helpfulness of this group.

And I especially enjoy the sense of humor.

Beth

'77 Triumph Spitfire 1500
3 other cars
6 bicycles  -  One always has to have a spare mode of transport.