Oil coolers and other hot items

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil coolers and other hot items
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 10:03:00 -0700 (MST)
If you're fitting an oil cooler I have one thing to contribute:

Barbed hose fittings and Oetiker clamps from Pegasus Auto Racing
Supplies!

Their hose fittings come in straight, 45-degree and 90-degree angles,
to allow you to achieve that perfect fit and the most direct routing
of the hoses.  Vitally important on late Spitfires where the upper
shock mount and air pump drastically interfere with the adapter
installation.  They're solid brass, impossible to damage, and the
barbed ends provide real grip inside the hose ends.

The Oetiker clamps are superior to ordinary hose clamps or worm-drive
in that they can handle the heat cycling and don't have sharp edges
to damage the hose when it swells.  The only downside is that they're
not reusable.  If you ever have to remove them for some reason you'll
have to saw them off and replace them.   The installation tool costs
$18, but you might be able to borrow one from your club.  If your
club lacks this tool, buy one and donate it.

On another subject, I've spotted an egregious grammatical error in
a recent thread:  The plural of "crumpet" is "crumpet".  No "s" on
the end, unless I missed the boat and you're talking about baked
goods...