Huffaker Engineering Book on Race Preping MGBs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Huffaker Engineering Book on Race Preping MGBs
From: mws1@admin01.osi.COM (Matt Silveira x257)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 08:13:26 PDT
I don't think this got posted last time so here goes:

Joe Huffaker, of Huffaker Engineering fame, (who prepared many BMC cars
and some American cars) for SCCA and later other class events, wrote a
very short, concise book on preparing MGs for racing.  There are many,
many items which relate to threads in our group on preparing engine,
lube system, brakes, cooling, wiring, suspension, chassis, etc. for
competition.  Some is a little esoteric, but most could be easily
implemented by an of the people on this group.  The good stuff in this
book is that he suggests how to build a BMC engine to handle heat,
revs, and stress of racing, but, IMHO, you could build a very strong
street engine with this info.

Huffaker provides specs for both his engine and a stock engine to have
as a benchmark.  He also has many excellent pictures and blueprints for
mods he does.

Again, if you are interested, curious, or just plain need it, I will
send to you if you e-mail.  I believe I will have to get postage from
you but the copy will be free.  (I hope that's fair. . . )

:-)

Matt Silveira
Sys Eng.
OSI