Acceptable wear limits for wire wheels?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Acceptable wear limits for wire wheels?
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 1994 18:59:35 -0500 (CDT)
        I'm new to this and I have a question which may have been
answered earlier. My '65 MGB tourer (roadster) has a banjo rear axle
with axle nuts of a size I cannot find among my collection of SAE and
metric sizes. These nuts hold the oil seals and wheel bearings in
place. Are these relics of MG's Whitworth sizing in earlier series?
I've been forced to use a punch to remove and replace these nuts on
two occasions. The first time I put the seals in backward! You can
appreciate that the nuts are looking a bit Baroque by now. Are
sockets available to fit these? are replacement (non-Baroque) nuts
available?

        Lew Dove

Other toys: 1953 Studebaker Starlight Coupe

            1928 Model A Ford Sport Coupe