Midget Lever Shocks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Lever Shocks
From: nglassbe@acs.bu.edu (Noah Glassberg)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 94 23:43:56 -0400
        So what exactly is rebuilt within the lever shock when they are sent
off to <insert your favorite mail order firm here>?  You see, I ask this
qestion because I am curious wether or not I can rebuild my front shock.
After only a year, my front left shock crapped out on me... it was a rebuilt
one.  The place I purchased it from said that a year did seem a bit short
for the shock to go (duh!) but the best he could do for me was to give me
a replacement at cost.  Nice enough I suppose.  I have myself a shock from a
'67 Sprite (I am assuming it is the same one as the one on my 74 1275 Midget)
and took it apart to see what's up with it.  A habbit of mine which has
gotten me it ALOT of trouble.  I didn't go very deep into the thing... well
I haven't had any time to really check the thing out.  Thus my first question.
Is it possible for me to rebuld this thing?  The Hayes manual says get it
redone though your local MG shop and everyone I had asked didn't have a clue.
Anyone out there have a clue?

Noah Glassberg
nglassbe@acs.bu.edu