more John Kipping of UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: more John Kipping of UK
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 11:14:05 CDT
FYI:

I called Kipping to price a reconditioned GT6 motor etc etc.

1968 GT6 recon engine: 615.00 sterling ($984) (about $830 w/o VAT)
GT6 tranny: 170.00 sterling ($272) (about $230 w/o VAT)

Both prices include core charge, but no shipping, calced at an ex-rate of
~$1.6 to 1pound sterling.

They can do trick stuff to the motor for a couple of hundred extra bucks. They
can supply a an overdrive gearbox with conversion kit for non over drive cars
for 370 sterling ($592).

Shipping for these heavy items is a killer. Probably a up to $300 each way
for the motor alone. I'd probably swallow the core charge, then sell the motor
in the US as a core.

I'm frightened to even call the roadster factory or MOSS or whoever to get
a quote on a recon GT6 engine!

Marcus